Apply for achieve miami's summer internship!
Achieve Miami is looking for current high school and college students to intern with us for 5 weeks during Achieve Summer. As an intern, you will significantly assist the leadership team run one summer site. Review the overview below to familiarize yourself with the summer intern role and expectations.
To apply, complete the form below and submit your resume no later than 11:59pm on Tuesday, May 1st. Please note that due to high interest in the summer intern role, the selection process will be highly competitive. Priority will be given to students who:
Have consistently participated with Achieve Miami for at least 1 year
Demonstrate leadership for Achieve Miami in their school community
Can commit for the full 5 weeks of Achieve Summer
Have shown passion and commitment to Achieve Miami
THE OPPORTUNITY -
Achieve Summer engages over 360 students in grades 1st-5th in meaningful learning for 5 weeks in June and July. Instead of being exposed to summer slide, our students are able to apply concepts and practices to solve real world problems with engagement through technology and innovative instructional practices. Our team of teachers and leaders develop new approaches and refine their practice with daily learning labs and collaborative structures.
This role requires a confident self-starter who is passionate about extending opportunities to engage and grow skills for their students. The ideal candidate is driven to deliver opportunities and access to children facing the challenges of poverty and has experience achieving transformative results in this context. This is a part-time role on a small, start-up team, which means a strong entrepreneurial spirit, incredible relationship building skills and the ability to get things done in challenging contexts are must-haves.
The ideal candidate will have:
- The proven ability to design and execute systems that create smooth logistics
- A love of all things planning and preparing for incredible shared experiences
- An ability to organize and manage the follow through of tasks aligned to a project or goal
- A strong customer service mindset and ability to work well from behind the scenes
- Excellent communication skills for a variety of purposes and using a range of approaches
- A growth mindset
The Summer Intern will:
- Gather and organize all summer application data into an online database for each site.
- Provide weekly updates to the Summer Leadership team with the number of applicants each site has, according to grade level.
- Create organizational systems prior to the start of Achieve Summer and manage them until the end of the program.
- Contact parents via phone/email to remind them of any upcoming events.
- Record, organize, and maintain an accurate inventory of Achieve Miami’s supplies at the summer site.
- In collaboration with the Achieve Miami staff, manage the recruitment of high school students to become summer volunteers.
- Manage up on ways the program can more effectively meet our goals and outcomes.
- Collaborate in partnership with the faculty cohort and teachers, staff and outside programs at the school site.
The summer intern role will begin on June 11th and will end on July 16th. The summer intern must be available for the full 5 weeks of the program, Monday through Friday. The summer intern will report directly to the Operations Director and engage as a member of the organization’s leadership team onsite.
Achieve Miami offers a stipend of $1250 for the full term of this role.
To apply –
Complete the form below and then submit a resume (maximum two pages) to Natalie Gonzalez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please email your resume to Natalie Gonzalez at email@example.com to be considered for the role.